University Bible Fellowship is an international evangelical student organization with an emphasis on world mission.
UBF Statement of Faith
We believe the following fundamental Christian truths:
- That there is one God in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- That God created the heavens and the earth and all things; that he is the Sovereign Ruler of all things; that the Sovereign God reveals himself; that he is sovereign in his redemptive work and in his final judgment.
- That the Bible is inspired by God; that it is entirely trustworthy; that it is the final authority in faith and practice.
- That all people have been under the bondage and power of sin since the fall of Adam, and deserve the judgment and wrath of God.
- That Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Son of God, through his atoning, sacrificial death on the cross for our sins and his resurrection, is the only way of salvation; that he alone can save us from sin and judgment, and purify us from the contamination of sin.
- That Jesus Christ rose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father.
- The regeneration is the work of the Holy Spirit; that it is necessary if one is to enter the kingdom of God .
- That we are made righteous by grace alone, through faith alone.
- That the Holy Spirit works in the heart of every believer to lead him.
- That the Church is the body of Christ and that all Christians are members of it.
- That Jesus Christ will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead.
Origin, Purpose, Work, and History of UBF
To find out the details of the origin, purpose, work, and history of the UBF, please click here. You can also read a brief history of the UBF written by Missionary Mother Sarah Barry, Cofounder of the UBF.
About University Bible Fellowship of Shippensburg
Shippensburg University is located in the beautiful Cumberland valley, bordered by the South and Blue Mountains, about 45 miles south of Harrisburg, the capital city of PA, and about 30 miles west of Gettysburg
- Sunday Worship Service: We meet every Sunday 11:00 a.m. at the Spiritual Center to worship God. Please contact us via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in joining us to worship or to study the Bible
- Weekly Fellowship: We meet on Thursdays at 7:00 p.m. in CUB Room 240
- One-to-One Bible Study: Bible study teams meet at various times and locations. We study the word of God, pray together and encourage each other to apply the Bible teaching to personal life
- Special Events: We begin each year with a Leadership Retreat to share our new year Key Verse testimonies and our prayer visions. Our Outdoor Worship Service is held on a Sunday in fall. We also have a Spring Bible Conference each April and a Mid-Atlantic Summer Conference with the East Coast campus ministries in July or an International Bible conference every few years. For details, see our Events page
Contact us via e-mail
if you are interested in Bible study
or if you have any comments about our website.
© 2007 UBF of Shippensburg